Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If you have a PlayStation 2 kicking around your house, you can once again turn it into credit at GameStop.

As of Sunday, March 1, GameStop opened its arms to receive your PS2 in exchange for a $25 in-store credit. If the system has a power cord, an A/V cable, and a controller, you can bring it to your local store and then turn around and use the credit to spend as you see fit.

If you have just the console without any accessories, GameStop will still give you $20 in credit, which seems like a better deal, since DualShock 2 controllers are selling on eBay at anywhere from $5 to $20 USD.

GameStop confirmed the news with us earlier, but didn't tell us why the sudden re-interest in the best-selling video game console of all time. Still, $25 is $25, and if you aren't using your PS2 anyway, why not get rid of it? There hasn't been a game released for the system since Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 came out in September of 2013. Seems like a whole different age, doesn't it?
source

I would NOT do this GF gamers, you can get your PS2 for a lot more on ebay alone than $25. Not to mention the PS2 is a timeless classic, which its vaule could easily go up down the road.

I checked eBay, and there are some PS2 selling for less than $20, and comes with Games. I think there is not a huge demand for the PS2 since the first Generation PS3 fat consoles can play PS2 games, and a lot of the good PS2 games are available as paid digital downloads on PSN, re-makes for the PS3, PS Vita, and PC.

Most of the PS2 has zero bids.

I think this could be a good deal if you really need $25 credit to buy a game, or newer console like the PS4, Vita TV, and PS3.

I think sony sold 147 million units, so it may not get you much money in the future if there are 147 million PS2 owners who want to sell it to buy a PS4, Vita, and other consoles, or get back space in their room for newer consoles.

Back